Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pussy Galore

So many of you have been asking for an update on the cat. (If you need a review of the saga, go read past blogs from August, That Darn Cat and November, A Near CATastrophe.) Well, poor Sunny is no longer living here. After trying lots of TLC and kitty snacks, I contacted the experts at "Befriended Felines" who offered to exchange Sunny for two cats she had been working with the last few months. I never thought Dave would go for it but since we were seeing evidence of mice in the barn, we said we'd try yet again on finding the perfect mousers.

No sooner did we get Gabby, a sweet gray tabby and Cinder, a beautiful but shy black cat with amazing green eyes, than two other cats appeared out of nowhere. One is the reincarnation of Sunny. He just wanders around without calling too much attention to himself. We have dubbed the other one Cat King Coal because he is black and showed up at a Christmas party we had. CKC is a very friendly cat who visits the B&B guests. Over the last few weeks, the guests have all been big cat lovers who have bestowed a great deal of affection. Not so sure what will happen when our not-so-nuts about cats friends check in. So now there is no shortage of cats. There has been no signs of mice either.

p.s. The cat lady who took Sunny reported that he still sulks and hisses and remains in his cage. Carol Pexa called it, he never forgave us.

2 comments:

  1. I just love that my name has stuck for CKC. I'm pretty clever, if I do say so myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! it was a solid nickname that stuck. also i am not surprised that sunny still sulks because I RUINED HIM!! That cat hates people and it is all my fault.

    so sad

    kelley

    ReplyDelete