Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I think it is literally raining cats!

So lots of you have been asking for an update on the cats. The two cats that replaced Sunny are alive and thriving in the barn. No evidence of mice anywhere!

The sweet but mangy feral cat that we have dubbed Cat King Coal can be found leisurely lounging on the balcony of the Room with a View enjoying the warm sunny days. She has manage to bewitch all the guests into buying her food in spite of my daily feedings. She is just so skinny, one can't help but take pity on her. I don't even really know if it's a female feline. The local cat befriender society says they will come next week to try to find a good home for her.

For a day we thought she might be the long lost cat of the woman I bought the property from. Three years ago, Nanci's cat disappeared. We've all heard stories about cats who reappear years after they were last seen. This is not her cat, but it was fun to see Nanci!

Imagine my surprise this morning when I let Maddy dog out for her morning constitutional that I see another new cat in the backyard. We've had a lot of rain this winter, I think it really must be raining cats!

1 comment: