Thursday, March 11, 2010

β&β Sorority


When my friend Debbie called to ask if I would be available for a wine tasting at her home for a group of fellow Bed and Breakfast owners I jumped at the chance. I relish any time I can introduce Per Cazo Cellars wines but this was a group of women whose combined years of knowledge at running a B&B probably exceeds my years on earth. What I wouldn't give to know all the tips and tricks of operating a thriving inn. Don't get me wrong, I must be doing something right as we are booked a lot and so far have received rave reviews but there are times when I wonder if there aren't more secrets to success.

Some members of the Getaway group weren't there but I thoroughly enjoyed getting acquainted with Ann (Ann & George's Bed and Breakfast), Jessica (Zenaida Cellars), Corrine (The Winemaker's Porch), Carolyn (Chanticleer), and of course Debbie (Orchard Hill Farms) who is the consummate hostess. We tasted through the wines and I passed out our tasting cards for their guests. Most guests at Bed and Breakfast appreciate the insiders knowledge and I can guarantee an outstanding experience for their clients.

Debbie was late for an appointment so we quickly gathered our belongings to move on with our day but not before I naively inquired how to join the group. We'll see if they are interested in expanding and Kelley suggested that maybe this introduction was equivalent to sorority rush. I would make a great pledge, keep the secret handshake and be proud to be a part of the sisterhood of innkeepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment