Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"To grin like a Cheshire Cat" Moon

The night sky featured a magnificent sliver of moon perfectly positioned like a wily smile. Having just seen Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I could not help compare it to the grin of the Cheshire Cat. This made me gaze up to the heavens in awe as the stars displayed their own glory. Beholding the nightly celestial display is one of my favorite things about living in Paso Robles.

It's been a very busy week and I love it when moments like this cause me to stop in my tracks and give thanks that I am lucky enough to live here. I was in L.A. with my daughter Kelley as she interviewed for a position as a NBC Page. We had a quick two day adventure then she reluctantly returned to college for the final stretch of Senior year and I rushed back to Paso to begin preparations for this weekend's Zin Fest.

Zin Fest is one of three big wine weekends held in the area. We are expecting a busy wine tasting weekend and are expanding the food pairings to include Zin balls, meatballs with a great wine sauce, polenta crostini with carmelized onions, walnuts with goat cheese and spiced mango along with a great assortment of cheese. If you are in the area, please stop by. We anticipate great weather and will be set up around the pool.

The Creekside B&B guests are all arriving on Friday. I already met the Creekside Room guests who are bringing their dog and the upstairs guests sound delightful. We will try to make it a memorable experience for all. I always insist they take some time for stargazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment